Amazing Geoff Hilton Barber is completely blind and he managed at the training slope. His wife stood at the bottom calling to him.
Matt Stanford became the first pilot to cross New Zealand’s 30km Cook Strait by paraglider earlier this year.
This spectacular example of adventure flying is what happens when you put two of the most ambitious Greater Ranges pilots in a new and remote location.
Veso Ovcharov, Francois Ragolski, Petar Loncar and Adrien Shams travelled to Pakistan for six weeks of out-of-this-world flying in May and June this year.
Gavin McClurg broke the US paragliding foot launch record on 15 July 2013, flying 383km from Sun Valley, Idaho on his Niviuk Peak 3.
The 2013 Red Bull X-Alps results are:
1. Christian Maurer (SUI1): 6d 23hr 40m
2. Clement Latour (FRA1): 8d 16hr
3. Antoine Girard (FRA2): 8d 16hr 30m
4. Jon Chambers (GBR): 9d 5hr 12m
5. Peter Gebhard (ITA2) 9d 7hr 40m
6. Ferdinand Van Schelven (NED) 10d 9hr 27m
7. Aaron Durogati (ITA1): 10d 10hr 28m
8. Martin Muller (SUI2): 10d 21hr 43m
9. Paul Guschlbauer (AUT1): 11d 5hr 47m
10. Toma Coconea (ROM): 11d 11hr 22m
11. Honza Rejmanek (USA1): 97km*
12. Victor Sebe (FRA3): 113km
13. Thomas de Dorlodot (BEL): 146.25km
14. Pawel Faron (POL): 146.42km
15. Evgenii Griaznov (RUS): 152km
16. Andy Frötscher (ITA3): 168km
17. Kaoru Ogisawa (JPN1): 180km
18. Shoichiro Tadano (JPN2): 182km
19. Michal Krysta (CZE): 228km
20. Max Mittmann (GER3): 255km
21. Mike Küng (AUT2): 378.58km
22. Raul Penso (VEN): 379.18km
23. Max Fanderl (CAN): 411km
24. Lars Budack (GER2): 428km
25. Pil Pyo Hong (KOR): 430km
26. Stephan Haase (USA2): 523km Retired
27. Pierre Carter (RSA): 547km
28. Iñigo Gabiria (ESP): 588km
29. Thomas Hofbauer(AUT3): 773km Eliminated
30. Babu Sunuwar (NPL) 853km Eliminated
31. Claudio Heidel (ARG) 877km Eliminated
* This is the distance athletes still had to go to Monaco.